Ryval C872 In-Ground Basketball Hoop Review
This post contains affiliate links. To learn more visit our disclosure page.
Best Basketball Hoops Rating
- 6″ x 8″ galvanized steel support pole ensures resistance to rust and offers maximum stability
- Limited lifetime warranty includes dunking and offers peace of mind when thinking about buying a high-end hoop like the Ryval C872
- 5 to 10 foot heigh adjustment range in infinite increments is one of the widest ranges available on any recreational hoop
- 72″ tempered glass backboard that is 1/2″ thick, making it regulation sized
- Gym quality rim that performs and plays just like the ones used in pro arenas
These days there are many different quality high-end basketball manufacturers to choose from. Some brands are well known like Spalding, Goalrilla, and Lifetime, while others are up and comers such as Hoopstar, Pro Dunk, Goalsetter, and the brand behind the C872, Ryval.
Any review of the Ryval C872 starts with its 72 inch tempered glass backboard that is 1/2 inch thick. This is truly a regulation sized board with the same quality as those found in collegiate gymnasiums.
Due to the quality of the backboard, the Ryval C872’s rebounding performance is spectacular. The basketball comes off the backboard with force and consistency.
Safety is another strength of the Ryval C872. Covering both the anchor base and support pole is heavy-duty padding that comes included with the basketball system. Quality padding also aligns the bottom of the backboard to protect players’ hands and heads.
Height adjustment on the C872 is controlled with the 2 FX Life Assist Cylinders that allow you to raise or lower the hoop from 5 feet to the regulation 10 feet. This is great for families with growing children who will be able to use proper mechanics on a lowered hoop as they build strength.
The rim on the Ryval C872 is also top of the line. It features one horizontal spring and two vertical springs to offer maximum weight support that can handle rim rattling dunks. The springs are covered which works to minimize wear and rusting that can happen to rims exposed to the outdoor elements. When shots hit the rim it performs beautifully, remaining stable without being too rigid like double ring hoops you may remember from the playground.
Make no mistake that this basketball hoop is a behemoth, and as such takes a lot of effort to assemble. If you buy this hoop please plan to have at least three people for the job. For those who are not handy consider hiring a company to do the installation for you. It will save you a lot of headaches in the end.
What We Like About This Hoop
- Ample amount of padding under the backboard and at the anchor base
- Rim is gymnasium quality and has the perfect balance of stability and feel
- One of the best backboards you can buy for a recreational basketball hoop, 72 inches of tempered glass heaven
- Very wide height adjustment range of 5 feet to 10 feet
- 4 feet of offset from the support pole to the hoop allows for play under the rim
What Would Make This Hoop Better
- Because of the many features and top quality materials it should come as no surprise that this a very expensive basketball hoop
- Assembly will take multiple people, or professional installers
With the increasing number of basketball hoop brands that are focused on building high-end in-ground basketball hoops it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. Ryval has done this with the C872 due to the galvanized parts and awesome safety features that comes standard with this hoop.
If you are serious about the game of basketball, or have a child who has a passion for the game, then it may be time to consider investing in their basketball future by picking up a high-end hoop that will last for years and years. The Ryval C872 is a great choice and would make a fine addition to your driveway or court.