Ryval C660 In Ground Basketball Hoop Review
Best Basketball Hoops Rating
Ryval C660 In-Ground Basketball Hoop: 9.5/10
- 60″ tempered glass backboard that is 1/2″ thick offering top of the line rebounding performance
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- 5 to 10 foot heigh adjustment range in infinite increments is one of the widest ranges available on any recreational hoop
- 6″ x 6″, 7 gauge one-piece square support pole that provides exceptional stability
- Under and top coating rust protection utilizing galvanized under coating powder coating top finish keeping this basketball system rust free
Ryval is quickly building a name for itself in the premium in-ground basketball hoop arena.
We have previously reviewed the C872 model produced by Ryval and found it to be one of the best in-ground basketball hoops that money can buy. Today, we are looking at the C872 little brother, the Ryval C660. But don’t be fooled into thinking this slightly smaller Ryval hoop model doesn’t live up to the performance standard of the larger Ryval hoop. The Ryval C660 is a formidable in-ground hoop in its own right.
The only significant difference between the C872 and the C660 is the size of the backboard. The Ryval C872 features a 60 inch backboard, while the C872 has a 72 inch backboard. But here is the thing, the C660’s 60 inch backboard comes with the same 1/2 inch thickness as the C872, so while smaller, the Ryval C660’s backboard performs just like its larger counterpart.
With a thick tempered glass backboard the Ryval C660 performs just like a gym quality backboard when missed shots come off for rebounding.
Among many other strengths this hoop has the height adjustment is among the most robust. The C660’s height adjusts from 5 feet to 10 feet in infinite increments. This allows for young hoopers building their strength to develop proper shooting mechanics.
Speaking of young hoopers, Ryval shows a commitment to safety by including heavy duty padding on the C660 model. Padding can be found completely covering much of the support pole and lining the bottom of the backboard. This coupled with the 3 feet of overhang from rim to the support pole makes this a safer hoop than most.
When it comes to support poles Ryval has it figured out. The absolute best support poles found on recreational basketball hoops are all one-piece. This means that the support pole is a single piece of steel, rather two or three pieces that have to be bolted together, which are found on lower quality hoops.
Having a single piece support pole on your basketball hoop makes it more stable during play. You won’t see the hoop vibrate violently and will handle pretty much all you can dish out with relative ease.
When it comes to the rim on the Ryval C660 you can expect gym quality performance. This means the rim on this hoop will not be too stiff or floppy, providing a great feel when the ball hits the rim. Also, for those wanting to dunk on this hoop the Ryval C660’s rim will be able to take your high flying dunks without issue. This is not something we say for many other hoops we review.
What We Like About The Ryval C660
- This hoop has the best 60 inch backboard on the market
- We love the heavy duty padding and 3 foot overhand of the C660 enhancing the overall safety of the hoop
- Top of the line gym quality rim
- Very wide height adjustment range of 5 feet to 10 feet
- Impressive rust guard protection through galvanizing and powder coating
- Limited lifetime warranty
What Would Make This Hoop Better
- Assembly will take multiple people, or professional installers
- You need to be serious about the game to justify spending this much money on a hoop
Ryval continues to impress us here at BestBasketballHoops.org. Their hoops are getting rave reviews from customers and the features found on their hoops are unparalleled. Not only are they making quality hoops, but they continue to expand their product lines so that there are more hoops to fit varying budgets.
For most the Ryval C660 is probably a bit more than you need. The C660 is a premium quality in-ground basketball hoop that has a premium price tag.
However, if you are serious about the game or have a child who really wants to commit themselves to the game, then the Ryval C660 is a great option. Rest assured it will not disappoint.
While the Ryval C660 has many great features, there are other similar hoops to consider if you are in the market to buy a hoop. Some other great in-ground hoop options include the Ryval C872, Lifetime Mammoth, and Goalrilla GS-I.