Pro Dunk Platinum Basketball Hoop Review
Best Basketball Hoops Rating
Pro Dunk Platinum In-Ground Basketball System: 9.8/10
- Gym quality 72 inch tempered glass backboard with padding aligning the bottom and sides
- Option for a rust armor package that features stainless steel and zinc galvanized components
- 8X6 Inch One Piece support pole design
- Height adjustment from 5.5 feet to 10 feet by way of a screw jack mechanism
- Best suited for three car or more driveways and for dedicated outdoor basketball courts
When you are a player or parent who has their own dedicated court at their residence a run of the mill portable basketball hoop just will not get the job done. As you are investing in your future it is important to get a hoop that can offer years of performance as well as be able to handle tough play by some of the best players from your town. If this sounds like you, then we recommend digging deep into your pockets and getting the Pro Dunk Platinum In-Ground Basketball Hoop. While it may be expensive this basketball system will perform just like the hoop in your local gym. It is sturdy, stable, easy to adjust, and has important safety features as well.
The backboard on the Pro Dunk Platinum In Ground Basketball System is truly incredible for an outdoor hoop. The tempered glass is responsive in a way that no acrylic or polycarbonate backboard can imitate. The half inch glass thickness helps to stabilize the hoop and does not get overwhelmed when the ball hits the backboard. 72 inches is the regulation size for a backboard and offers game like performance with the convenience of being right outside your door.
The rim on the Pro Dunk Platinum is second to none, and that includes indoor basketball hoop rims. This pro quality breakaway rim will give when you hang from it so that it protects the rest of the basketball system’s structure. Due to the heavy duty nature of this rim you can feel free to hang on it with confidence. This bad boy can easily support you.
Safety was also a high priority for those who designed this hoop has it features a solid hoop to base offset, as well as a healthy amount of padding. The padding aligns the bottom of the backboard which helps to protect players going up to dunks and layups. Additional padding covers up the support pole and base so that if a player runs into the support pole they are protected and the chances of injury are minimized.
What We Like About This Hoop
- From an overall support prospective it is hard to beat this hoop
- Height of this hoop can easily be adjusted from 5 1/2 feet to 10 feet
- Large amounts of padding will protect players during tough game-like action
- Backboard is incredible and performs just like a backboard you would use in a gym
- Rim is able to take on all comers with its heavy duty breakaway mechanisms that can support dunkers with ease
What Would Make This Hoop Better
- The Pro Dunk Platinum In Ground Basketball Hoop is one of the most expensive recreational hoops that you can buy and will burn a hole in your budget
When you buy this hoop you are basically telling the world that I am serious about my game and I plan on improving by working daily on my skills. The Pro Dunk Platinum In Ground Basketball Hoop is a system that cannot be outgrown so it may be better to buy it now if you think you may want to purchase it when your young baller gets a bit older. Once you play on this hoop it will make most portable basketball systems seem like garbage by comparison. If you would like to read about some other high quality hoops, then we recommend you look into the Goalsetter All-American or the Spalding Arena View.