Goalrilla GLR GS 54 System Review
This post contains affiliate links. To learn more visit our disclosure page.
Best Basketball Hoops Rating
- The size of the Goalrilla GLR GS 54 makes it versatile so that it can fit driveways and basketball courts of all sizes
- Anchor bolt mounting makes leveling and assembly easier
- Top of line one piece steel support pole offering maximum stability
- Backboard made of tempered glass that is three eights of an inch thick
- Backboard measurements are 54 inches by 34 inches
For those visiting BestBasketballHoops.org who are looking for a top of line hoop that will also give you the most bang for your buck space wise, then we recommend you take a look at the Goalrilla GLR GS 54 In Ground Basketball System. This basketball hoop is
the most compact offering from Goalrilla that will accommodate smaller driveways and courts while retaining the quality that a Goalrilla hoop provides. The Goalrilla GLR GS 54 is one of the most affordable offerings from Goalrilla. For those who want a larger Goalrilla hoop we recommend you take a look at the Goalrilla GLR GS-1 hoop that offers a full size 72 inch backboard.
For a smaller sized hoop it comes with a great deal of top quality features. The tempered glass material featured on the backboard is usually reserved for more expensive, larger basketball systems. You simply will not find another 54 inch backboard on the market that performs like this Goalrilla. Another great aspect of this basketball system is that the Goallrilla GLR GS 54 also has a one piece steel support pole design. This the mecca for
basketball hoop stability and enhances the performance of this system. The support pole measures at 5 inches by 5 inches giving a heavy duty feel to this hoop. Also, you will not have to worry about this system’s support pole rusting out for many years as it is powder coated to last. While the 2 and a half foot offset from support pole to hoop is not as large as other high end hoops, simply buying a support pole pad will minimize the risk of injury for any players driving to the hole. The crank adjustment system on this hoop allows you to adjust the height from 7 feet to 10 feet in infinite increments. This allows for more dunking opportunities as well as assists youngsters in gaining proper shooting form.
What We Like About This Hoop
- It is the best small sized basketball hoop on the market today. If you are looking for a quality hoop that does not take up too much space, then look no further than the Goalrilla GLR GS 54
- The tempered glass material on this basketball hoop is top notch and performs similar to more expensive hoops
- One of the few 54 inch backboard basketball systems with a one-piece support pole design
- The breakaway rim on this hoop plays like regulation hoops at your local high school gym
What Would Make This Hoop Better
- Would like to see padding included with this hoop for the backboard and support pole
- Likely not a good choice for those buyers have a regulation sized court at their home due to smaller size
To wrap things ups, you simply will not find a better 54 inch backboard basketball system than the Goalrilla GLR GS 54. This hoop is a higher price range than similarly sized options, but in this case you get what you pay for. We highly recommend that if you buy this hoop to go ahead and get the padding for the support pole for extra protection. If you are looking for a larger top quality hoop we suggest that you consider the Goalrilla GLR GS-I or the Spalding Arena View Basketball Hoop.